The Rifleman Themes on CD

Anything new with The Rifleman or anything that might be of interest to everyone in general will be posted here.
cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

The Rifleman Themes on CD

Post by cowgirl » Mon May 08, 2017 11:28 am

For all of you who have waited patiently, Laurel Records is proud to announce that we have finally completed the project and Music From The Rifleman is now available for purchase at: www.laurelrecords.com.

John Gilbert
Laurel Records
1018 Euclid Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94708
www.laurelrecords.com
sales@laurelrecords.com
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Rifleman Themes on CD

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Rifleman Themes on CD

Hi everybody!
We’ve waited for quite some time and here it is! I am pleased to announce the release of The Rifleman, 2 CD Set by Laurel Records / Composed by Herschel Burke Gilbert and produced by John C Gilbert, Laurel Records. John is the son of Herschel.

The one CD is Music from The Rifleman and the second CD is a Bonus CD.

I have listened to this collection several times and I really enjoy this. The music is great. There are a lot of extras included in this CD Also. Many familiar themes and new ones.

Beside this great music John has added an insert booklet telling the history of these songs and a list explaining the titles, the episode and the track number.

He also includes a cue sheet to A Young Man’s Fancy. Interesting!

What great extras he has added. Including Bill Lee sing the words to The Rifleman theme songs and of course Jake Pardee.

One of my favorites is “Hey Pa.”

John sent this to me a year ago or so and said he wasn’t going to include this in the CD but thought I would enjoy it. And to keep it hush, hush. Enjoy it I did! Boy was that hard not telling everyone! But I did it! I wrote back to John and I told him how much I enjoyed it and I was sure the fans would also and what a shame it would be not to included this in the CD. It would be lost forever! So enjoy!

For those of you who might not know this, John was in an episode of The Rifleman / End_of_the_Hunt.htm . He was the boy Granny Mede sent into town to fetch Lucas.

Can you believe I sat on this for years not telling a soul! Boy was this hard, especially when I got questions about whether or not Laurel Records would release the themes to The Rifleman!

Thank you John / Laurel Records for preserving this great music. Your father would be proud!

Cowgirl

Return to “Public Announcements”