Be our guest: The Rifleman meets Beauty and the Beast

It has been almost 60 years since The Rifleman first visited our living rooms. Grab your boots and saddle and get ready to ride as we revisit the McCain's! Lucas, Mark & Micah gather here to talk about The Rifleman. What better place to discuss The Rifleman then his own front porch.
wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Be our guest: The Rifleman meets Beauty and the Beast

Post by wildwest » Fri May 12, 2017 2:59 pm

Random rambler:54979 wrote:One of my favorite movies is the 1991 version of beauty and the beast.  I am chomping at the bit to see the live action film. Wouldn't Lucas be awesome,in a dual role as both Gaston and the beast? How about Micah as cogsworth and Maurice? Since according to Lucas Mark is such a stud and sang the French song in the 1960s, he can be lumiere with fellow household furniture Sally walker and gigi perreau.  They could double as the town girls infatuated with Gaston.   Sweeney would be the bartender-type casting. Millie would be belle.  Mr. Griswold would be the asylum  keeper.  Speed and swifty would be lefou , Gaston's henchmen. Hattie would be the enchantress who turns Prince Lucas into a beast with a bovine appearance for making those pompous cracks about women voting being like a cow racing a stallion.  Ms. Bertie would be Mrs Potts.   Both Lucas and Maurice have a strong bond with their only children. However, Lucas is a community leader, but Maurice is considered the town eccentric.
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: Be our guest: The Rifleman meets Beauty and the Beast

Post by wildwest » Fri May 12, 2017 2:59 pm

Random rambler:55025 wrote:Another beauty and the beast rifleman connection: in the new flick, belle invents a washing machine because  doing laundry takes away from reading.   Mark is, of course,  always trying to find a way out of found dishes.   The movie starts in 132 days-but who's counting?!
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Fri May 12, 2017 3:00 pm

Random rambler:55404 wrote:The new belle is very fond of horses.  There is a mob scene . Dishes have an important supporting part.  96 days! Has anyone seen the preview?

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Fri May 12, 2017 3:01 pm

Random rambler:56774 wrote:1 month ! 4 weeks!  28 days! Let the countdown and comparisons begin!

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Fri May 12, 2017 3:01 pm

Random rambler:56833 wrote:My latest read is tale as old as time by Liz braswell.  I am not giving anything away,  but in this version belle's mother is the enchantress.

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Fri May 12, 2017 3:02 pm

Random rambler:56964 wrote:Two weeks to go.  Name game:cogsworth the butler is turned into a clock.  Clocks have cogs.lumiere, the steward, turns into a candle. Candles illuminate.   Mrs.  Potts the housekeeper  turns into a teapot.  Chip is a cup with a chip. Belle means beauty.  Monsieur d'arque is the asylum keeper and gives off a dark vibe. Our Lucas is a beacon of light.

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Fri May 12, 2017 3:02 pm

Random rambler:57099 wrote:I have my tickets for Saturday 3-18- working on the 17th.

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Fri May 12, 2017 3:03 pm

Random rambler:57134 wrote:6 days. Does everybody have their tickets?

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Fri May 12, 2017 3:03 pm

Random rambler:57150 wrote:5 days now.

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Fri May 12, 2017 3:04 pm

Random rambler:57176 wrote:Three days.

Return to “The McCain Ranch Front Porch”