Unanswered questions

It has been almost 60 years since The Rifleman first visited our living rooms. Grab your boots and saddle and get ready to ride as we revisit the McCain's! Lucas, Mark & Micah gather here to talk about The Rifleman. What better place to discuss The Rifleman then his own front porch.
wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: Unanswered questions

Post by wildwest » Fri May 12, 2017 4:35 pm

Random rambler:57090 wrote:Didn't Mrs dodd say Lucas left without saying good bye?  I am not sure.lucas told Mark he wanted to kill Sam.                                               Re Mark not growing up emotionally and regressimg: I would imagine Rifleman was one of the first shows to treat mental and emotional problems respectfully, i.e. Abe Lincoln.  Lucas reprimanded Mark for referring to Mr. Lincoln as loco.  It seems to me that the powers that be were trying to show Mark on the verge on an emotional breakdown,  but could not quite get there.when Lucas comforts Mark after the nightmare in conflict, the scene is stilted and awkward. Miracle at requiem springs was an attempt to capture the old magic.  In my opinion,  Mark's paralysis was psychomatic. Notice how he recovered after Lucas gave him a good talking- to.
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Fri May 12, 2017 4:35 pm

wildwest:57094 wrote:Yes Lucas left without a goodbye but I think we can assume Anne knew he was leaving.  another goodby would have probably been too painful.  they had both lost SO much...Margaret and her husband and son

its nice to note that the last several episodes it looks like the writers were trying to wrap things up somewhat or do their best writing.  the story about Sam Gibbs....and forgiveness, Marks paralysis was a good episode for Johnny to shine...an episode about love and faith,  Old Tony let Mark sing and shine as he was a recording artist then.

there were some pretty good episodes in the last 10

but gosh...............I wanted more
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Fri May 12, 2017 4:36 pm

ruskin:57104 wrote:
Did Hal and Matthew dodd die before or after Margaret?
When do they say Ann Dodd's son's name is "Matthew" during the show? I've only ever heard her refer to her son as "the boy".

I'm in Canada so maybe they edited where they say his name out??

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Fri May 12, 2017 4:37 pm

wildwest:57107 wrote:Yes   can you tell us where Annes husband and sons name was mentioned

Lucas refers them to Mark as   her husband and son.  when Lucas said the husband died he also said....so did their little boy

Chuck wrote The Visitor and It is one of my favorites,  those kisses were great!!

i think I need my vapors

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

wildwest:57109 wrote:Okay   answering one of my questions

Anne Dodd said to Lucas     "Hal loved the outdoors"  but I do not see where her sons name was mentioned

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Random rambler:57111 wrote:I must have been mixed up. I think Ann and hal's son was only named Matthew in Michelles excellent retellings.

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Fri May 12, 2017 4:38 pm

Random rambler:57152 wrote:Why did Lou have to bring in girls from Denver?  When she bought the hotel from Eddie  , did the staff quit? Did she fire everyone?

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Fri May 12, 2017 4:38 pm

Howard:57156 wrote:Eddie didn't have the same type of operation that Lou was planning.....
If he had, he wouldn't have sold.
:wink:

Dan

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Fri May 12, 2017 4:39 pm

Deneen:57158 wrote:Oh Myyyyy!   Lucas with Elizabeth Black?????

Dan - Don't you like Lou?

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Fri May 12, 2017 4:39 pm

Random rambler:57167 wrote:I would have loved to see Lucas fall in love with elizabeth Garrett black -not just in lust.  That would have been a great conflict for lucas

Return to “The McCain Ranch Front Porch”