The second witness observation

It has been almost 60 years since The Rifleman first visited our living rooms. Grab your boots and saddle and get ready to ride as we revisit the McCain's! Lucas, Mark & Micah gather here to talk about The Rifleman. What better place to discuss The Rifleman then his own front porch.
wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: The second witness observation

Post by wildwest » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:24 pm

Did thy ever show an outhouse? what was the small building connected to the barn Mark was locked up in one time? was the outhouse near the outside shower?
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Post by cowgirl » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:17 am

Where was the smokehouse, wasn't that the same location as the shed that Wood Bartell locked Mark up in The Baby Sitter?

Also in Squeeze Play and A Friend in Need they used this as a shed, which was filefootage, originally from A Friend In Need.

file footage
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:54 pm

I would think Mark would hate cleaning the outhouse more than he would hate cleaning the dishes!

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:41 pm

very interesting.......I would imagine showing an 'outhouse' would not actually be necessary footage in a western....yuk can anyone remember any western showing an outhouse as part of a scene??
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:54 am

I think mad magazine's parody of the rifleman shout we'd Lucas talking to Mark while in the outhouse. I don't think bathrooms and toilet flushing became commonplace until all in the family.

Return to “The McCain Ranch Front Porch”