No Saloon Girls

It has been almost 60 years since The Rifleman first visited our living rooms. Grab your boots and saddle and get ready to ride as we revisit the McCain's! Lucas, Mark & Micah gather here to talk about The Rifleman. What better place to discuss The Rifleman then his own front porch.
wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

No Saloon Girls

Post by wildwest » Thu May 11, 2017 2:43 pm

markisddg:24760 wrote:How come the North Fork Saloon had no dance hall girls was it becuz there was no music? However in Deadly Image there was one saloon girl in there once any other times?
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: No Saloon Girls

Post by wildwest » Thu May 11, 2017 2:44 pm

Michelle P.:24767 wrote:I often wondered this myself.  There WAS music.  We heard it on a few occasions.  I'm guessing (though it sounds stupid) that it's because it was a family show...in spite of the fact that they had more violence on there then most westerns at the time... I don't know!
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

BluewindFarm:24773 wrote:In Tin Horn, there was a piano and a piano player, plus I guess you would consider the gal a 'hostess' and not a saloon girl.

However, in The Wyoming Story... They weren't opposed to showing a saloon girl - Aggie.  And in The Bullet there were saloon girls.

Guess North Fork was just too nice and respectable to keep saloon girls around.

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

cowgirl:24774 wrote:'Deadly Image' - Gloria Moreland as the saloon girl

There also was another one in 'Lariat' - Several saloon girls but I only ID
Beverly Ann Englander as Miss Carlisle.  

And of course 'Tin Horn.'  Although you would not classify Rose, played by Grace Lee Whitney, as a saloon girl, she was the next best thing to one.  And they were just traveling through.  There is another name for them, hustlers!   :wink:

What about 'Quiet Night, Deadly Night?'  Lou referred to them as 'girls' to help run the hotel.  I'm sure they were just that.  But I think this is questionable :?: Of course we never see them again.

A Tribute to the Ladies of the Night

Remember Lou did own The Gold Slipper Saloon in Denver before coming to North Fork.

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Thu May 11, 2017 2:45 pm

Michelle P.:24775 wrote:Deanne - it was a wild shot in the dark, like I said...

I always wondered why there weren't saloon girls.  I guess it's just one of those things...When we get to heaven, we can ask Chuck and the producers...put it on our list  :wink:

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Thu May 11, 2017 2:45 pm

markisddg:24792 wrote:How about in The Actress she might have been an actress and singer but she sure looked like a saloon girl to Lucas. I think her name was Beth Garrett but was also Mrs. Black. She was also in Willow Springs not North Fork.

At the end I think Mark asked about love and such. Did Lucas ever explain it to him?

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Thu May 11, 2017 2:46 pm

Michelle P.:24801 wrote:I'm thinking Mrs. Black wasn't staying faithful to her husband...She was a player, and that's for sure!  Even tried to seduce Lucas.  The first time I watched that episode, I actually thought Lucas was going to give in to her!  Boy, was I glad when he growled, "You're Jacob's wife!  Lonliness doesn't excuse everything."

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

markisddg:24804 wrote:Lucas had so many opportunities to get lucky (to put it nicely) with some good looking women and shied away from it. He always had a reason. With Lil she was a pretty fake, with Beth Garrett she was another man's wife, with Ann Dowd the memory of Margaret..... and with some he kissed them but that was it. Like Aggie and N- - A. I wonder if Alphonso's woman was attracted to him? LOL

And what was up with Lou Mallory at least he kissed Millie.

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

BluewindFarm:24808 wrote:
markisddg:24804 wrote:And what was up with Lou Mallory at least he kissed Millie.
Yeah, but it was the last episode where we saw Joan Taylor...

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Thu May 11, 2017 2:47 pm

markisddg:24817 wrote:Right when Lucas kissed you like that your days were numbered on Rifleman. So if you read in the script "Chuck kisses Patricia really hard," you better know you'll be looking for work elsewhere.

Return to “The McCain Ranch Front Porch”