Heroes and Icons (H&I) TV (wantafanta)

Saddle up, pardner, and let's ride into the world of the television Westerns.
ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Heroes and Icons (H&I) TV (wantafanta)

Post by ruskin » Fri May 05, 2017 11:04 pm

wantafanta:51786 wrote:Here in Chicago, channel 26.4 is now called Heroes and Icons, formerly ME-TV.  It highlights a lot of westerns, such as Broken Arrow and Cheyenne.  I don't much like this change.  They are showing High Chapparal, a show that flopped, and The Guns of Will Sonnet, another dud.  There are good westerns, and let's face it, there are bad westerns.  Unfortunately, they have scratched The Fugitive, a true TV masterpiece.  And they have nixed Marshal Dillon, another gem.  I would never rank Alias Smith and Jones with The Rifleman.  They air Combat, which was high quality, but they follow with 12 -O'Clock High, a somewhat silly bore.  I enjoy the original Superman series, though.  To each his/her own, I guess.  

Fortunately, ME-TV still airs on 26.3, where one can still see The Rifleman.
Judy (Ruskin)

ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Re: Heroes and Icons (H&I) TV (wantafanta)

Post by ruskin » Fri May 05, 2017 11:05 pm

clarkster:51789 wrote:I enjoy the High Chaparral.It lasted 4 seasons.Best thing about it is Linda Cristal to me:).Blue is a wimp and John canon too hard and grim but others are cool.
There are hundreds of episodes of Gunsmoke on you tube can watch.For better viewing just connect your computer to hd tv via HDMI cable.So many great western series full  and uncut can see anytime.Clark
Judy (Ruskin)

ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Re: Heroes and Icons (H&I) TV (wantafanta)

Post by ruskin » Fri May 05, 2017 11:06 pm

wantafanta:51791 wrote:TBH, I am amazed High Chaparal ran 4 seasons.  I think I was burned out on westerns by then, so I never got into it.  There were "Here Come the Brides" and another show with Dale Robertson who won a railroad in a poker game.  I'm thinking, 'gimme a break.  You writers are really scraping for ideas."  There was also "The Rounders" featurning Chill Wills.  Ugh!
Judy (Ruskin)

Return to “TV Westerns”