Marshal Micah Torrance / Matt Dillion

Saddle up, pardner, and let's ride into the world of the television Westerns.
cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Marshal Micah Torrance / Matt Dillion

Post by cowgirl » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:19 am

I'm not sure how many Gunsmoke fans there are out there, but.....

I love both The Rifleman & Gunsmoke. Too bad The Rifleman didn't last as long as Gunsmoke.

I can't help but think, where did Matt Dillon live? :dontknow:

Micah lived in an apartment.

I saw Matt crash out in his office a couple of times and he did fall asleep in Kitty's room one time. But where did Matt Dillon live? :gunfightercowboy2:
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: Marshal Micah Torrance / Matt Dillion

Post by wildwest » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:01 pm

great question. I didn't watch a lot of Gunsmoke the first time around....but I am watching a lot of reruns now. I like the older ones with Dennis Weaver and Burt Reynolds. James Arness was a fine actor! For as long as the series was on TV, they really didn't give much personal info on any of the characters. Did Matt sleep at the jail??

did Matt ever get a kiss from Miss Kitty?
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:40 am

I also recently started watching re-runs of "GunSmoke".

I don't know much about the characters. Micah and Nils were in an episode together. Micah played a doctor.

In another episode Miss Kitty wasn't wearing her shoes after a date with Matt. :msn-oh:
Just like Lou after her date with Lucas. :lol:
Helen took off her shoes while on a date with Andy Taylor.
Makes me wonder what's up with the shoes? :lol:

Miss Kitty said Matt was married to his job. I don't think Matt ever kissed Miss Kitty but he did kiss another woman.
There was an episode called "Miss Kitty's Affair". After 20 years - I guess Miss Kitty got tired of waiting for Matt to make a move. Poor Miss Kitty!

~Deneen~
Lucas to Mark: "I love you more than anything else in the whole world."

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:06 am

We never see Matt and Kitty kiss. What's up with this?

He did kiss Michael Learned in Matt's Love Story. I remember when I first saw that. I couldn't believe it, that should have been Kitty! :sillycowboy:

Matt & Mike even had a child together, which Matt didn't know about until later. So they did more than kiss! (Made for TV Movie - Gunsmoke - The Last Apache) :giggle:

But anywho, not sure if any of you have seen Long, Long Trail. This is a great story and a true love story. I honestly believed that if Sarah Drew would not have died in this episode, and if Matt wouldn't have been a gentleman, I think they would have ended up together. How would he have told Kitty? You could tell they both loved each other.

Although Kitty and Matt never kissed, Kitty did kiss Matt in P.S., Murry Christmas. Ever see this?

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:39 pm

Deneen wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:40 am
I also recently started watching re-runs of "GunSmoke".

I don't know much about the characters. Micah and Nils were in an episode together. Micah played a doctor.

In another episode Miss Kitty wasn't wearing her shoes after a date with Matt. :msn-oh:
Just like Lou after her date with Lucas. :lol:
Helen took off her shoes while on a date with Andy Taylor.
Makes me wonder what's up with the shoes? :lol:

Miss Kitty said Matt was married to his job. I don't think Matt ever kissed Miss Kitty but he did kiss another woman.
There was an episode called "Miss Kitty's Affair". After 20 years - I guess Miss Kitty got tired of waiting for Matt to make a move. Poor Miss Kitty!

~Deneen~

Regarding the shoes: Lucas is hands-down the sexiest cowboy! However, in my humble opinion, the sexiest scene of the entire series is in tinhorn when rose take off her shoes and has keeler unzip her dress. It goes to show thst some of the best scenes leave something to the imagination.

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:36 pm

Did any of you see the Gunsmoke episode The Way It Is with Claude Akins? Love this dude!

While Matt is out of town, putting lawman's business ahead of Kitty yet again, a new man in her life has plenty of time and attention to give--perhaps too much attention.

Claude Akins was very possessive of Kitty.

Good episodes. There is not many bad Gunsmoke episodes that I have seen.

Some of them with a very sad ending.

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:36 pm

I did not see that episode. Claude Akins is one of my favorites! wasn't there a Gunsmoke episode where
Matt had been wounded and had amnesia and a woman on the range took him in and nursed him and I thought she was in love with him and thought he would stay. thought Matt was fond of her also but when he finally remembered who he was he left. were they romantic or did they kiss?

I am also enjoying the Marshall Dillon series (after Gunsmoke) with the older Matt Dillon and also in color. James Arness was a good actor.

maybe taking off the shoes and implying something happened was all they could get thru the censors back then.
even Lucy and Ricky slept in separate beds. How do you think they had Little Ricky??
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:12 am

wildwest wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:36 pm
I did not see that episode. Claude Akins is one of my favorites! wasn't there a Gunsmoke episode where
Matt had been wounded and had amnesia and a woman on the range took him in and nursed him and I thought she was in love with him and thought he would stay. thought Matt was fond of her also but when he finally remembered who he was he left. were they romantic or did they kiss?
That was Matt's Love Story with Michael Learned from The Waltons.

Have you seen this video?

No Woman ever Loved A Man More than I loved Matt Dillon

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:34 pm

Just looked at the link. it is great and the music is great. thanks for sharing. also looked at.....I will always love you.... with music by Dolly Parton. I had seen this episode'

wonder why the writers would never let Matt commit to Kitty. in the Marshal Dillon series after Gunsmoke didn't Matt have a daughter? what was the back story there? I am not an expert on that series

I guess they had to leave Josh Randall, Johnny Yuma, Matt, Lucas, Paladin, The Virginian, the Barkley boys not burdened down with women and leave the family mush for Little House etc. Lucas could only get a romp in the hay after a barn dance.

:Npeace: :nopity:

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:53 pm

Gunsmoke: The Last Apache (1990 TV Movie) - Matt finds out he has a daughter, Beth.
She also appeared in Gunsmoke: One Man's Justice (1994 - TV Movie)
and Gunsmoke: The Long Ride (1993 - TV Movie).

Return to “TV Westerns”