What am I doing?

If you have a story to post, this is the place to do so. This is where you can show off your talent. Once you have finished posting your story, please send me a copy of it in it's original format to add it to this section of The McCain Ranch website. We here at the ranch enjoy these great stories, keep 'em coming!
Morgan
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

What am I doing?

Post by Morgan » Wed May 02, 2018 5:08 am

I was looking through old stories as I considered revising them, and realized that March marked two years of writing The Rifleman fan fiction.

I remember being so scared the first time I posted something online (On a different site, then.) Was I nuts? Was I any good? Would people like my stories? Would they even bother to read them?

But I got such encouraging feedback, and some wonderful constructive criticism. So I kept writing, and kept posting. And now I'm working on my TWENTY-THIRD STORY! (For someone as timid as me, that's quite a milestone.)

I still don't know if I'm any good, and my family would probably tell you that I am crazy. Every time I sit down to write, I still ask myself, "What am I doing?" But then I'm reminded that I'm doing what I love- writing about the love a father and son shared.

So... the purpose of this post? A big THANK YOU to all the support I've received here at the ranch. Especially to Cowgirl, for working with me and giving me a chance. Everyone here is awesome, and I would always love input/feedback/suggestions for my stories.

Swing on by for some apple pie!
~Morgan
~Morgan
"A man doesn't run from a fight, but that doesn't mean he has to go runnin' to one, either."

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Re: What am I doing?

Post by cowgirl » Wed May 02, 2018 5:34 pm

I'll take you up on that apple pie, I'll bring the coffee.

We're glad you stopped by the ranch and decided to stay. Nice having you here.

Your stories are great, touching and we certainly enjoy them here at the ranch.

And your welcome!

We here at the ranch never tire of The Rifleman & Company!
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Wed May 02, 2018 6:35 pm

Morgan - If writing is your passion then you should certainly continue to write.
I've only read two of your stories and I totally enjoyed 'em. :)

Time and work doesn't permit me to read a lot but your writing is certainly worth reading.
We have over 80 members and some quests on this Ranch and I'm sure many have read your stories.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to Thank You and I look forward to reading more of your stories. :)

~Deneen~
Lucas to Mark: "I love you more than anything else in the whole world."

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Thu May 03, 2018 1:12 pm

Morgan I agree with the others! I don't know if you write about other topics as well......but your writing about the Rifleman is outstanding. you have such depth to the stories, you drive me to laugh or cry and that is all good.

you would have been a great writer for the show. you could have written season 6 and 7 all by yourself.

please keep the North Fork Gazette by Morgan in operation. so glad you are at the Ranch.
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

Return to “The Writer's Corner”