Morgan's Earlier Stories

If you have a story to post, this is the place to do so. This is where you can show off your talent. Once you have finished posting your story, please send me a copy of it in it's original format to add it to this section of The McCain Ranch website. We here at the ranch enjoy these great stories, keep 'em coming!
cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Morgan's Earlier Stories

Post by cowgirl » Wed May 02, 2018 10:49 am

Growing up in North Fork

This section is designated to my first writing endeavours. Although they are not necessarily a part of my larger saga, they may be referenced from time to time. I struggle with posting these, as they make my inexperience at writing even more evident, but I thought it would help bridge a few gaps. They take place throughout the five seasons, and incorporate characters such as Ms. Adams, Ms. Milly, and Mr. Griswold at their appropriate times. In these stories especially, I really wanted to bring out the love Lucas and Mark had for each other, and I hope you enjoy reading them!

Stubborn
Lucas is known for his stubbornness, but when he gets sick, Mark's own stubborn determination comes out. However, Mark is going to need all he can get when he finds himself lost and injured after a storm.

Your Little Boy
A man arrives at the McCain ranch, looking to learn how to run a ranch of his own. Learning that this man is the son of an old friend, Lucas invites him to stay for a while. Mark, however, is leery of the stranger and fears for his father's safety.

Four Simple Words
Lucas and Mark’s father-son relationship is put to the test when two brothers come looking for revenge and Mark begins hiding things from his Pa. 
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

Return to “The Writer's Corner”