Stargazer's Midnight Musings - SHADOW OF VENGEANCE

If you have a story to post, this is the place to do so. This is where you can show off your talent. Once you have finished posting your story, please send me a copy of it in it's original format to add it to this section of The McCain Ranch website. We here at the ranch enjoy these great stories, keep 'em coming!
cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Re: Stargazer's Midnight Musings - SHADOW OF VENGEANCE Part 4

Post by cowgirl » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:47 pm

Michelle P.:16936 wrote:Now, ain't she nice, Stargazer...You'd think I would take some lessons from all these nice people...
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:48 pm

Stargazer:16937 wrote:What a NICE comment, iLOVEmmc!  I do appreciate it!  
(SOME people are really nice around here!)   :roll:

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:48 pm

Michelle P.:16938 wrote:You better watch it!  I got a great story in the works!  I could speed it up or I could slow it WAY down...

Or I could just post half of it and make you wonder for a long...long...long time!  :wink:

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:49 pm

Rhiannon:18607 wrote:Stargazer..this is the first free time I've had to read any stories..I really loved these, they are SO good. I used to write Rifleman stories when I was  watching Rifleman back in the day, and they were always and only about Mark getting hurt in some way and how Lucas was there for him. Just a need I had myself I guess. I never thought I'd ever get to read someone's Rifleman stories like this.  You really have talent! The ones I wrote were secret. I used to also write them in school on little paper and teeny little writing so no one would know. Anyway, I think you are an incredible writer and I loved every word! Wanted you to know how much I appreciated reading these and to tell you what a good writer you are. Thanks for sharing these!!

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:49 pm

cowgirl:18751 wrote:This was great!  What torment Mark has gone through.  You described it perfectly!  The hurt, the pain, the dreams.

I don't know how you do it!

Yes this would have made a great episode.  There are so many of them that could have been a two-parter, even a three-parter.  :wink:

Thanks for this great story!

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:50 pm

cowgirl:18752 wrote: What is paddock?

This was perfect!  I loved it!  
“Every time I look at you…I see him!”

“Every time I look at you, I see your mother.”

Ya' know, we have discussed several times about all of these killings not affecting Mark.  This gave a new light on this & a nice touch and you covered it really well.

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:51 pm

Stargazer:18808 wrote:Rhiannon...thank you so much for your kind words.  You made me tear up!  And, maybe you should start writing again, but this time share with us!

Margie - thank you!!!  I am so glad you enjoyed it.  And, I'll go back and fix that 'paddock' just for you!  ;)

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:52 pm

cowgirl:18809 wrote:
Rhiannon...thank you so much for your kind words.  You made me tear up!  And, maybe you should start writing again, but this time share with us!
Stargazer, I have been telling Rhiannon this, I'm glad you think so too!  

Come on Rhiannon, what say you?  Pleazzzzzzzzzze!?

Stargazer:
Margie - thank you!!!  I am so glad you enjoyed it.  And, I'll go back and fix that 'paddock' just for you!  ;)
I guess I'll have to go & change it on the ranch/website too!  :wink: If you can do it, I can do it!

So now tell me what I need to change 'paddock' too?  Corral?

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:53 pm

Rhiannon:18820 wrote:Stargazer, believe me when I say I've read these over and over, I can't stop. I can't explain how much they touch my heart. Sorry to get heavy about this but I want you to know how powerful your writing is and how true. You are an excellent writer with such a beautiful way of expressing feelings and the relationship between Lucas and Mark. You capture it perfectly. I told Cowgirl that all these stories really got to me because they were so real and such a perfect description of PTSD shutdown, which happened to me when my sister died when I was a very immature 19. So, the way you were describing what Mark was going through I could relate to EXACTLY, minus the nightmares. I just saw her the last way I saw her (dead) every day for the next 20 years instead (so I guess those were daymares?). Needless to say I was pretty messed up. And still writing those stories : > cause I needed them.
I need to read these kind of stories, not write them. I'm sure you both understand. I'm not a good writer and I couldn't put myslf out there anyway. Plus I could never think of any plot, because all they were about were just different ways Mark got hurt or got fevers or something, and Lucas took care of him. That was how I got my mothering.
So now just sharing this I feel kind of exposed. Please keep writing more stories like these (how come you write these kind if you don't mind me asking) so I can read them! I really love them, and thank you for them!

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:54 pm

Stargazer:19102 wrote:Rhiannon...

I am so very sorry that you had to experience such a tragic thing as losing a sister.  I can't imagine losing someone so dear at such a young age.  I am deeply touched that this story has meant so much to you.

I wrote this story as it came to me.  It started with the idea after watching 'Deadly Image' for the umteenth time; the notion of 'what if Bantry hadn't died?', and it evolved from there.  As Part II took shape, I began to think more about how Mark must have been affected by Lucas' lifestyle.  And, with having an interest in psychology, I decided to write in the PTSD.    

The father/son bond between Lucas and Mark as portrayed by the actors on RM has always been the draw for me.  A strong family is something I adhere to today.  

I've always loved writing but didn't take the time to apply myself through the years.  Coming on this board prompted me to start writing again.  And, they say...write what you know.  I guess I love (know) these characters and I love the Old West (and am trying to learn more about it).  I never know exactly where my stories will take me, it's an adventure for me as well.

Return to “The Writer's Corner”