Mark's Friends

Mark McCain was as important to the show as the Rifleman himself. Let's talk about his sweet nature and sensitivity. Always learning from Lucas, sometimes the hard way, fear of losing his only parent, times he got into trouble, their respect for each other, and how he was portrayed as a motherless kid but had the insight and determination of a disciplined adult.
Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: Mark's Friends

Post by Deneen » Sun May 14, 2017 9:08 am

NewFANatic:57456 wrote:
Random rambler:57446 wrote:  That is true, but the other parents probably had some very valid concerns about how well Lucas would supervise their kids.
Hahaha! Maybe so, but they could also have been worried for their child's safety because of the bad guys that often showed up at the ranch. And it was 3 miles (and an hour by horse, one way) outside of North Fork - long way to go to hang out with a friend.
Lucas to Mark: "I love you more than anything else in the whole world."

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Post by cowgirl » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:57 am

Mark also had friends that were a bit older then him, adult friends. Don't include Micah.
markisddg:42988 wrote: In Mark's Rifle you could say that Marty Blair was his friend too.
Yes Marty was Mark's friend. I can think of a few more adults that Mark consider his friend, can you?
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:22 pm

Good morning Ranchhands. First let me say how great it is to be back at the new ranch with friends.

How about Brad in Second Witness. Mark thought he was a friend but was sorely wrong. Love the butt shot Deneen found in the show. I cant look at Lucas backside the same anymore!

Wade Randall in Most Amazing Man

Sally Walker Marks love interest

In the Halloween episode Mark was very taken with the man who read to them

Mark was very fond of Nils

When Anne Dodd left town Lucas referred to her as their friend. after all she made her own trout flies. she may have been Marks Friend but Lucas had the hots for her. sigh
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Post by cowgirl » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:32 pm

Boy you sure are on a roll wildwest. Second Witness was the one I was thinking up.

You did good dudette!

Mark did have a lot of friends.

Mark: “Brad’s my friend.”

Lucas: "You act in haste son, you repent in leisure." Lucas told him that it's best to make friends slowly.

Dead Cold Cash - Mark McCain: "Well, when you got a lot of fiends, I mean like what Pa has in North Fork. Well.....there just isn't that much money in the world."
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

Return to “Mark's Room 2015 to present”