Yuck a School Teacher

We all know how much Mark loved school! Alright so I exaggerated just a little bit. We never did hear him say he wanted to grow up to be a teacher. Let's talk about Mark’s school days, school issues, homework, teachers, etc.
Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Yuck a School Teacher

Post by Deneen » Sun May 21, 2017 3:52 am

markisddg:27066 wrote:Mark certainly had a thing for hating schoolteachers....I remember in Miss Milly he is appalled to think that Milly was a schoolteacher before she came to North Fork.

In Stopover he is appalled to find that Christopher Rolfe was also a schoolteacher before he was a famous gun.

Name times that Mark showed his dislike of schoolteachers.

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: Yuck a School Teacher

Post by Deneen » Sun May 21, 2017 3:54 am

Sally:27084 wrote:The obvious one is "The Schoolmaster"
Lucas to Mark: "I love you more than anything else in the whole world."

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Sun May 21, 2017 3:57 am

cowgirl:27209 wrote:In 'Eight Hours to Die' Mark had to stay after school.

The teacher caught him pitching spitballs. He had to stay after school & cut a whole cord of kindling.

Somehow I can't picture Mark doing this, but boys will be boys.  I don't think Lucas would have been happy with him.  Didn't he give him a lecture one time about the cost of his education?  I think it was the 'Trade' where Lucas is snapping at Mark because Mark is running late for school. He says that he pays a dollar a week for his education.

Although Mark doesn't show resentment in having to cut the wood, he certainly must have felt it. Everyone got to go home after school, except him.  

I would say he probably resented his teacher for making him stay late, but after he he thought it through he would know he really was the one to blame.

I bet this is the first time ever that Lucas was glad Mark had to stayed after school.

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Sun May 21, 2017 3:59 am

Random rambler:53978 wrote:I  thought Mark's reaction to Millie being a former schoolteacher was an inside joke.  Lucas's first love interest was supposed to be Adele adams,  but the viewing public nixed the idea. Mark's dismay was supposed to mirror the audience's.

Return to “North Fork School”