B~R~A~N~D~E~D

Everybody knows Chuck Connors for his role as Lucas McCain in "The Rifleman." He also did so many other things. He was good at no matter what he did! Besides The Rifleman what else have you enjoyed seeing Chuck in?
wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: B~R~A~N~D~E~D

Post by wildwest » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:24 am

Just saw episode....RIchest Man In Boot Hill... season 2. it had Lee Van Cleef in it as well. one of the characters horse name was Margaret......Really?? was that a 'nod' to Margaret McCain. its too convenient. we can say so even if it wasn't!

and Chuck in color.....well my heart was palpitating!!
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:05 pm

Yep - I saw that episode too. Quite a few references from the Rifleman are mentioned through out the "Branded" series.
I especially like the one with "Lucas" carved in a tree and the twirling of the saber and the rifle.

And Yes - The close-ups of Chuck's face in color is almost too much to handle. So darn handsome! :giggle:

~Deneen~
Lucas to Mark: "I love you more than anything else in the whole world."

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:31 pm

Deneen I SO agree with you. I did not see the episode yet with Lucas carved on the tree...but it would match Closer than a Brother when Lucas says to Micah....

What do you want from a man?" "Ride around the territory curvin' your name on trees?

When Johnny did the Little House on the Prairie episode there was several references to his going trapping in North Fork. just loved it.

and I notice Chuck's hair seems more curly in some Branded and also some of the western movies he did, especially when it is longer.... I wonder if it had a natural wave or not? anyway....they ' broke the mold for handsome' after him!!
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:15 pm

wildwest wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:31 pm
I did not see the episode yet with Lucas carved on the tree...but it would match Closer than a Brother when Lucas says to Micah....

What do you want from a man?" "Ride around the territory curvin' your name on trees?
That's exactly what I thought!
Maybe Lucas rode around the territory carving his own name on trees. :laughing:

Chuck's hair seemed to be straight in real life. It looked like Chuck had a perm in "Outlaw's Inheritance". Chuck's hair in the second season of "Branded" was gorgeous!

~Deneen~
Lucas to Mark: "I love you more than anything else in the whole world."

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:07 pm

Chuck was gorgeous....I don't think i've ever seen a bad picture of him. he had a sister, I wonder if she was beautiful as well. read somewhere Chuck's Dad was only about 5"8"

Return to “Chuck Connors “Significant Other” Work”