The woman

There is always a lesson to learn when you watch “The Rifleman.” There is no better teacher for Mark than his father, Lucas McCain. Lucas teaches Mark from “The Bible” and from experience. Sometimes the lessons are hard ones and at times rather easy ones. They are still lessons learned! Let’s discuss the lessons learned in each episode. “Every lesson you learn makes you a better partner.” “Just remember the lessons!”
Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Re: The woman

Post by Dana » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:00 pm

New Mexico became a state in 1912. Women were not granted the right to vote in new mexico until 1915. It was one of the last states to do so- I don't know the other states.

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Post by cowgirl » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:07 pm

Interesting. It's nice to know that Hattie had something to do with that. :grinning-cowboy:

Gee, that was a little over thirty years later.
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:33 pm

cowgirl wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:07 pm
Interesting. It's nice to know that Hattie had something to do with that. :grinning-cowboy:

Gee, that was a little over thirty years later.
When an incredulous Lucas asked Hattie is he was really serious about voting , I wish her response had been "well, why wouldn't I be , Lucas?! I have been on my own my entire life!"

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:06 pm

Its really great that the show addressed some of these issues in history!
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:38 pm

I just read an article about Victorian fashion. The rifleman was a little bit out of date. Bloomers, named after suffragette Amelia bloomer, came into fashion in the 1850's. There are documented mentions of women wearing bloomers out west as early as the 1860's. Bloomers, also known as freedom outfits, were considered quite practical clothes for the outdoor frontier life.

Return to ““Just Remember the Lessons!” - 2015 to present”