#3 - End of A Young Gun

There is always a lesson to learn when you watch “The Rifleman.” There is no better teacher for Mark than his father, Lucas McCain. Lucas teaches Mark from “The Bible” and from experience. Sometimes the lessons are hard ones and at times rather easy ones. They are still lessons learned! Let’s discuss the lessons learned in each episode. “Every lesson you learn makes you a better partner.” “Just remember the lessons!”
cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

#3 - End of A Young Gun

Post by cowgirl » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:22 pm

cowgirl:21890 wrote:“Every lesson you learn makes you a better partner.”   “Just remember the lessons!”  ~Short Rope for a Tall Man episode #103
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Re: #3 - End of A Young Gun

Post by Dana » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:14 pm

When will started taking out his frustrations on Mark , it surprised me Lucas did not tell will not to talk to Mark like that again.

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:49 pm

good point because Lucas was always correcting people about Mark
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:38 am

Will and Ann : other than robbing banks, will is actually very immature-I just saw what I wrote-not that robbing banks is a sign of maturity. Anyway, when Ann and will first meet, I truly believe this is the first time will has ever had any social interaction with a girl.

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:05 pm

I agree Dana. And I think Will was luckier with the gals than Little Joe ....although he did marry but as we know she met her demise quickly
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:13 pm

this has always been one of my favorite pics of the two. how fun it must have been for Johnny to act with Michael when Johnny was young and not knowing how famous and talented Michael would become. then go full circle and act together again on Michaels Little House on the Prairie

you can also tell Michael was a short man, Johnny is almost as tall here. I don't know who the kids are....

Return to ““Just Remember the Lessons!” - 2015 to present”