We're off again!

Sweeney would like to welcome you to his place. Bar room chatter goes here, but only virtual drinks.
wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: We're off again!

Post by wildwest » Wed May 23, 2018 9:42 am

Sounds like you are having a great time and I hope you both are feeling better. what crafts do you do and sell? thats great, I am not talented at crafts at all but I sure like to buy them

Be safe on your way back to the Ranch!
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Post by cowgirl » Wed May 23, 2018 10:49 am

You are thinking of the episode Panic.

How was the wedding?

Take care out on the trail!
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Post by ruskin » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:24 pm

Yes, Panic... that's the one, thanks!
Here's the latest update. We went back to the coast for a week to give notice on our rental apartment, actually to break our lease, which surprisingly went well. We were 7 months into a years lease so we weren't sure how that would go lol. Luckily the manager loves us and after only 2 showings the apartment was re-rented to her own daughter. She is a long-term tenant so they will be renovating the kitchen and updating the old carpets etc. We have the apartment until July 31st but we will likely be out of there asap. Also she said that because of the reno's we don't have to steam clean the carpets or wash down the cupboards... just do the appliances etc. so that was cool of her.

We took possession of our new home June 6th. After we came back to the Cranbrook area, we stayed with Dan's neice in her basement suite for a few days,... cat, dog and all lol... then on the 7th, we set up our bed frame that we brought from the apartment, and bought a new mattress here. So we've been staying here ever since then. We left the old mattress at the apartment on the floor... it was too hard on my back so I usually sleep in the recliner and Dan can crawl down to the floor to the mattress when we go back again to pack up lol. The new one is memory foam and just wonderful to sleep on... I'm actually finally getting some sleep.

We are just doing some upgrades on the house right now, we knew the electrical wasn't up to snuff so that's getting done Monday. Then we'll add more plugs etc after. For the first time in my life I got all brand new appliances all at once (starting to really love Home Depot lol) and they came on the 7th too. We can't hook anything up except the fridge because of the upgrades and moving stuff around etc. We have our camper here though so cooking etc is accessible there for the time being. Been eating out a lot too lol...I didn't want to cook anyway lol.
Brother in law says his plumber and electrician may come on Tuesday so maybe things will be hooked up by then, then I can do my 1st laundry load here! I can't wait actually... I hated it at the apartment for that. You have to go down stairs to do the wash, if you can get a machine that is. And it's not like the dryers dried anything either. They were terrible! I was completely spoiled with my laundry machines at my house before moving to the apartment, I knew I'd miss them and I sure did!

Sorry for rambling on lol... just excited I guess. We've been painting and I hope to get all that done before we go back to the coast. We might be going back late next week. Then we just have to get the move done.

The wedding was wonderful! Here is a pic of the bride and groom

Judy (Ruskin)

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:54 pm

Beautiful picture ruskin! What a nice couple they make. I wish them all the luck in the world.

Sounds like you have a lot of work cut out for you. Think you'll ever get to rest?

ruskin
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Post by ruskin » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:33 pm

We'll be heading back to the coast tomorrow to pack up the apartment at last! We've been working away on the house doing some upgrades and painting and we are near done with that. At least we can move the furniture in and it won't be in the way of things now.
We found a new veterinarian and are taking the pets in today for their annual examination and vaccinations. Otherwise they'd become overdue if we hold off til we are back and we needed to get a new one anyway. Once we settle we have to get new doctors, dentists etc... all that fun stuff lol. We went to do change of address for our drivers licences and things the other day so that's all good now... slowly getting there.

We have been staying in the house just with lawn chairs and bed, but we have a TV and we've brought in a lot of stuff to use from the camper so we've been quite comfortable. We are looking forward already to getting back here... this time for good. Will miss family and friends but now we'll have a place for them to stay when they come to visit.
Judy (Ruskin)

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:09 am

Sounds like you have been ruffin' it.

Lucas picked up some hay and smelled it, closing his eyes. A smile came to his face because he knew they were home.

“Well then, I guess we’ve come far enough!”

Return to “The North Fork Saloon”