A time for singing

I thought it would be neat to have a place to discuss "The Rifleman" episodes. If there is an episode you wish to discuss in length, please feel free to post it here.
Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

A time for singing

Post by Dana » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:07 pm

Married Laurie Hadley tells her paramour Dan she wants to live clean, just before she and Dan start making out censor-baitingly! :cheekycowboy:

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Re: A time for singing

Post by Dana » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:34 am

I love how fake reverend gethers/Dan has no idea what he is doing and tries to bluff through the church service, yet the folks of north fork have no clue about what is going on.

Morgan
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Morgan » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:10 pm

Dana wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:34 am
I love how fake reverend gethers/Dan has no idea what he is doing and tries to bluff through the church service, yet the folks of north fork have no clue about what is going on.
Sadly, not a whole lot has changed. Too many people are pew fillers and don’t live the Bible out; hence, someone could spend a half hour watching a televangelist and convince most congregations he grew up going to church 3x a week.
~Morgan
"A man doesn't run from a fight, but that doesn't mean he has to go runnin' to one, either."

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:22 am

Morgan, I had a different take. I thought the townsfolk were unaware because they are unwieldy and trusting.

Morgan
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Morgan » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:37 am

Dana wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:22 am
Morgan, I had a different take. I thought the townsfolk were unaware because they are unwieldy and trusting.
I would agree with that take as well
~Morgan
"A man doesn't run from a fight, but that doesn't mean he has to go runnin' to one, either."

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:45 am

I meant to write unworldly-I am a butterfingers typist. Did the Hadley gang just luck out and happen upon the gethers? Did the gang repay their kindness by killing them and then latch upon a heist in north fork?

Unwieldy takes on a whole new way to describe the residents.

Morgan
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Morgan » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:43 pm

I had always assumed they had planned this ahead of time. Considering the fact that not all towns had banks back then, it wouldn’t have made sense to kill them not knowing if there was a bank in the town they HAD to go to or not.
~Morgan

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:41 am

Wasn't bro Hadley worried about Micah recognizing him?- and well bro Hadley should, the dude was in just about every other episode!

Morgan
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Morgan » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:49 am

So they had been to NF before, knew there was a bank, found out the new preacher was coming and killed them to take their place... maybe... 🤷‍♀️
I mean either premeditated or chance is plausible, I just always assumed they had it planned out.
~Morgan

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:48 pm

I just read an article about Victorian women's fashions. Hair crimping and hairpieces became fashionable in the 1870's. In little women, jo sold her hair. For many poor young women, it was a fast way to make money-albeit a one time way for quite a while.

Return to “The Rifleman”