Rifleman today

I thought it would be neat to have a place to discuss "The Rifleman" episodes. If there is an episode you wish to discuss in length, please feel free to post it here.
Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Rifleman today

Post by Dana » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:17 am

The schoolmaster: Mark takes the fall for billy, who has slimed Mr. Griswold's brand new tablet. For a whole entire week, Mark must spend recess in time out!

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Re: Rifleman today

Post by Dana » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:28 am

The sister: unbeknownst to Lucas, Mark and Freddie submit Lucas's name, profile, and picture to match.com.

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:40 pm

Lucas enters the North Fork Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes and wins enough money to pay off the Ranch. Now he can buy more bullets and tight jeans and get that 'mans saddle' for Mark since Mark is now 30. ha
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

judymcl
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Post by judymcl » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:10 pm

You guys are too funny! LOL
:horse08: Judy M

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:50 pm

Yep - Too Funny! :laughing:
* Johnny Crawford *
You Are In My Prayers :angel5:

judymcl
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Post by judymcl » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:07 am

For the 1st time in our lives we bought a truck that is brand new... just picked it up today. It's one of those cowboy'd up ones, Ram Longhorn. It has saddlebags on the back of the front seats!

We tend to name our vehicles, and our previous Ram was a Laramie so it's name was "Larrie" so this one being a cowboy and not so much a Laramie, we had to come up with a new name.

I thought a while and "Lucas McCain the Rifleman" came to mind... except with a couple changes lol.
Our last name is McLean, which is a little similar sounding to McCain, so this is what I came up with...

"Lucas McLean, the Longhorn" LOL

Here is our 2018 "Lucas" https://photos.app.goo.gl/vExPSDVCd4fxPZzA8 He only has 80 km on him lol.

Now say Lucas McCain in today's times had a truck, what would he name it? I won't go into brands as everyone has their own preferences. Just a name he would call his pick up... " 'ol Bettsie" or something...

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Post by cowgirl » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:08 pm

Nice truck!

I have often thought of The Rifleman today and instead of Razor & Blueboy, Lucas and Mark would have a truck.

I know the couple of times I traveled out west I could see the truck gathering up the herd or taking feed to them with their truck.

Lucas would probably have a black truck and call it razor.

Paul Fix had a car with longhorns on the front.
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:11 pm

That's a really nice truck! :happycowboy:

I have no idea about brands of cars and trucks unless I see the name on it. :laughing:

Lucas' truck would be black to match Razor - and he would name it "Lucas Boy".
* Johnny Crawford *
You Are In My Prayers :angel5:

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:22 pm

Thats a beauty of a truck and I love the name. I know you will enjoy it. thanks for sharing
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

judymcl
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Post by judymcl » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:52 pm

How about "Maggie" for Margaret for a truck? Thanks, we love it so far. We're going to get rid of the canopy. This the 3rd truck it's been on and probably more because we bought it well used. It is very old and leaks now so it's time to just use a tonneau cover or something instead.

When we travel to the interior of BC or to Alberta (cowboy country areas in Canada) we often see the cattle being moved with ATV's or alike. Once we did see 2 real live cowboys on horseback however... that was a real cool site to see alright!

When I was a child I was raised in the city but my mom had a cousin how had a farm north of where we were so every summer they sent me off for a "vacation" during summer. It would usually be for about 2 weeks and it just happened to always be at corn picking time lol! They had a dairy farm and we would bring the cows in to be milked on mini bikes and the old (what's now illegal type here) 3 wheel ATV (This is back in the late 60's).

In my 20's I had a friend who's family had a small ranch, (her dad was actually born there) and we'd go up there every summer for a long weekend. We actually got to participate in a real cattle drive. We moved about 50 cattle from one location to another... all went well until they ran into a bees nest and it started a stampede!! Now that was a bucket list adventure of a lifetime!

Return to “The Rifleman”