Eddie’s Daughter

I thought it would be neat to have a place to discuss "The Rifleman" episodes. If there is an episode you wish to discuss in length, please feel free to post it here.
Morgan
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Eddie’s Daughter

Post by Morgan » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:15 pm

There’s a pretty common scene in the series: Mark is inside a building, a gun (or guns) go(es) off, and Mark comes running outside to check on Lucas. In Eddie’s Daughter, Lucas fires his rifle outside the house and Mark doesn’t come running. Granted he was supposed to be asleep, but do you realize how LOUD a rifle shot is? That should have woken him up no problem. Maybe he got smart enough to stay inside the house for once, but it would have been completely out of character for him. I’m nitpicking, I know. I just think they missed an opportunity for another father/son moment.
~Morgan
"A man doesn't run from a fight, but that doesn't mean he has to go runnin' to one, either."

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: Eddie’s Daughter

Post by wildwest » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:31 pm

Good observation Morgan. In the Deserter Mark hears voices and comes out. that gave Lucas a chance to kick the gun out of the guys hand. but Mark gets scolded for.....running into a situation blind. Duh Lucas he just helped you

there were other episodes Mark did the same thing. gosh he is just seeing what is going on
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

Return to “The Rifleman”