Home ranch

There is always a lesson to learn when you watch “The Rifleman.” There is no better teacher for Mark than his father, Lucas McCain. Lucas teaches Mark from “The Bible” and from experience. Sometimes the lessons are hard ones and at times rather easy ones. They are still lessons learned! Let’s discuss the lessons learned in each episode. “Every lesson you learn makes you a better partner.” “Just remember the lessons!”
Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Home ranch

Post by Dana » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:05 am

We learn it may be okay to lasso someone and drag him through the dirt, but setting a house on fire is a big no-no!

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Re: Home ranch

Post by Dana » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:55 pm

Knowing what we know about oat jackford, do you think it was very responsible for Lucas to set up employment for Don Mahoney with oat Jackford?

flabirder
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by flabirder » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:42 am

Dana wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:55 pm
Knowing what we know about oat jackford, do you think it was very responsible for Lucas to set up employment for Don Mahoney with oat Jackford?
Oat Jackford was a loud mouthed bully, but I don't ever remember it being said he was dishonest. I believe he had a strong sense of right & wrong. After all, he made his hands rebuild Lucas' house after they burned it down. I think he would have taught Don to stand on his own two feet and work for what he wanted instead of taking it or cheating someone. I also think that by working for Oat, Don would have become a man.

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:40 pm

Oat Jackford appeared a couple of times played by 2 actors. he is one of those characters who we see Lucas finally getting along with.....somewhat so did Oat finally redeem himself??
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:52 am

Flabirder, you are right ! oat Jackford and Lucas are frenemies. Now that I think about it, oat Jackford was probably gruffly paternal with Don Mahoney.

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Post by cowgirl » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:01 pm

Billy Lehigh & Sam Montgomery - I don't know if I would be so forgiving if some one drug me across the range, burned down my house, take my rifle and do all this in front of my son. Especially my rifle! :angrycowboy: :sillycowboy:

I know, I know, turn the other cheek.

But Pa, he took your rifle!

Please don't go Pa!

But I think the best part of all is when Lucas tells Mark about The Book of Job
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:03 pm

I love the Book of JOB scene. and if you watch closely.....Chuck memorizes the whole thing, over 3 minutes long. there are no camera cuts. he had a great memory for lines
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:00 pm

In retrospect, after watching Day of Reckoning, Lucas is remarkably self -contained after the henchman burn down the ranch .

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Post by cowgirl » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:24 am

Dana wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:00 pm
In retrospect, after watching Day of Reckoning, Lucas is remarkably self -contained after the henchman burn down the ranch .
Yes he was, I don't know if I could be, but he did have to think of Mark being there also. What kind of an example who he set for Mark if he wasn't. That was their home. He & Mark wanted it so bad.
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

Return to ““Just Remember the Lessons!” - 2015 to present”