Hello from Germany !

Everyone here at the ranch would like to welcome y'all to The McCain Ranch. This is our "Welcome Center". Be sure & stop by and say "Hi" to everyone. Those of you who are already a member, be sure and give them a big hearty welcoming!
Kira
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Hello from Germany !

Post by Kira » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:12 pm

Oh boy, it is so long ago since my last visit, and I wanted to write so often. Finally I did it. :sunshine:

The last years were not so easy. I worked as a caregiver for many years in retirement homes, but in the end I decided to give up this job. I was not feeling well and it got more and more bad. I had stomach problems, insomnia, always felt tired and exhausted, had no interest in nothing, could not be happy about anything. Finally, my body gave me a sign, I got a severe neck blockade. I decided to quit this job, forever. Today I work as a home help. Perhaps is not so spectacular, but I feel better than I have in years. My energy and joy for live are back and I do not regret my decision for a second.

It´s good to be back! :yes: :icon_flower: :sunshine:

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: Hello from Germany !

Post by Deneen » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:25 pm

Well - A Big Welcome Back To You (Fräulein) Kira!! :foxes_353:
I learned that from watching "Hogan's Heroes". (A TV show here in America.) :laughing:

Sorry to hear you had some health issues. I'm glad you're feeling better! :)
:welcomeani:

~Deneen~
* Johnny Crawford *
You Are In My Prayers :angel5:

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Post by cowgirl » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:06 am

Kira, I'm so glad to see you posting. I wish you hadn't waited so long. But I'm glad your back now.

I do remember you weren't too happy with you job. I'm glad finally are content.
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

Kira
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Kira » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:46 pm

Thank you for the nice welcome! It's good to be back. :icon_flower:

Deneen - "Hogan's Heroes" is currently being shown on german TV. Along with M.A.S.H. Honestly, I prefer M.A.S.H. :icon_smile:

Cowgirl - Actually, I've always enjoyed working with elderly, and my bosses have always given me good grades. But the circumstances became increasingly difficult. Too many residents for a single caregiver ... too little understanding of our work. For most, our job was just "play a little bit" and not worth much. Hardly anyone was interested in our work tasks, for which there are of course rules. We have been instructed time and again to do things that are not part of our job. I worked in some houses, but it was the same almost everywhere.

Additionally the themes "death" and "dying" were always been present, and I can not handle it so well.

Maybe, my empathy may still be strong for this job, but not my psyche anymore. I worked as a caregiver for a total of 10 years. Now it is the turn of others. :icon_smile:

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Post by cowgirl » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:56 pm

That's the problem with today's work force, they cut back on the employees and give you more work. Been there!

I could not do the job you do, it takes a special kind of person to work in the Health Care or to be a Caregiver. I could not do this.
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:40 pm

Yes Kira - You are a very Special Lady!

Like CowGirl - I could never handle your job.

~Deneen~
* Johnny Crawford *
You Are In My Prayers :angel5:

Kira
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Kira » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:50 pm

Thank you ! :wave:

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Sat May 04, 2019 8:25 pm

Guten Tag, Kira! My hat is off to you for the work you do! It is nice to meet you! My name is Dana. I don't know how to say this in German, so I will say it in Spanish. Mucho gusto! Me llama Dana.

Kira
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Kira » Sun May 05, 2019 6:51 pm

Thank you and hello, Dana ! :icon_flower: I had to ask the google translator for your spanish words ... now I understand it. :yes:

judymcl
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Post by judymcl » Fri May 10, 2019 3:20 pm

Hi Kira, nice to meet you, I used to be a care aide years ago so I feel your pain. It is emotionally a hard job to do as well as physical. After 7 1/2 years of it I had to quit too. I worked all night and slept all day and my body got messed up with those hours. The boss played favourites so I could not get off of that shift.

Thankfully I was getting married around the time I quit and after talking to my husband I became a homemaker, staying home to raising our children. Wasn't the easiest to do financially, but I wouldn't trade that time with my kids for the world.

In the last few years, I was a caregiver for my parents as well until they passed. My mom was in a wheelchair in the end and my dad had dementia which had resulted from a stroke. It was a double whammy at the time but we managed. I virtually had no life of my own during that time. I am thankful that my husband was there to help when he could. I think I would have crashed and burned otherwise.
:horse08: Judy M

Return to “The Hotel Madera”