Hello from Germany !

Everyone here at the ranch would like to welcome y'all to The McCain Ranch. This is our "Welcome Center". Be sure & stop by and say "Hi" to everyone. Those of you who are already a member, be sure and give them a big hearty welcoming!
Kira
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Re: Hello from Germany !

Post by Kira » Sat May 11, 2019 8:17 pm

Hello Judy! :icon_flower: I have a lot of respect for you. Taking care of the parents is a huge job. I think it's great that your husband supported you so much and you did not have to go through it alone.

One of the main problems as a caregiver was this was not a proper job for most. There was little recognition and we always had to justify what we do or what we do not do.

I have always admired and respected people who work in nursing. And they should be paid much better, I agree immediately. But that's why my job is not worth less. A supervisor once said, "We have to work on it slowly to change that!" I said, "No, not slow!" Now!" I did not get an answer for that.

It would be a lot easier if everyone just worked a little better together. And the bosses would think more of the people and not so much of their profit ...

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Mon May 13, 2019 1:48 pm

Hi Kira.....its good to meet you. we are glad you are at the Ranch with us!
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

Kira
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Kira » Tue May 14, 2019 6:50 pm

Thank you ! :icon_flower:

Duchess McCain
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Duchess McCain » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:31 am

Hallo, Kira! Ich bin Amerikanerin, aber ich habe für vier Jahre Deutsch gelernt. Wenn du wollst, könntest du vielleicht mir meine Deutsch betreiben helfen. Gut dich zu treffen! Bis später!
If you climb in the saddle be ready for the ride.

Duchess McCain :coolcowboy:

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Post by cowgirl » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:36 am

Hey to you Duchess McCain! Sorry, I know your shouting out to Kira, but I just couldn't miss saying 'Hi'! It's been a long time.

You and Kira both belonged to the old ranch. Welcome back!
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

Kira
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Kira » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:38 pm

Good to see that there are more old members find the way back. :wave:

Unfortunately I can not say much about the Rifleman-Episodes at the moment. I borrowed the DVDs to a good friend and I think he needs a bit more time before I get they back. :yes:

Hello Duchess! I would like to help you. You can ask me if you want to know something. German can sometimes be complicated, but that's the English grammar for me as well ... :thinking:

Duchess McCain
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Duchess McCain » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:51 pm

Haha, Kira! Most English speakers don't understand English grammar either. My classmates and I would often joke that we know more about German grammar than we do English - even though we'd still mess up the German grammar in conversations.
If you climb in the saddle be ready for the ride.

Duchess McCain :coolcowboy:

Kira
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Kira » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:01 pm

I also wanted to say hello again. I could not report earlier because I had a bad cold. The cough is still there, but it is much better. :wave:

Today is the 30th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall. One of the best historical events of all time ... :yipeedance:

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Post by cowgirl » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:58 pm

Hi back at ya' Kira! I hope you are feeling better.
Berlin marks the 30th anniversary of the joyous collapse of the Berlin Wall. German chancellor Angela Merkel, who grew up in East Germany, marked the 30th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall Saturday by declaring that its collapse proves that barriers to freedom cannot stand.
What a great reason to celebrate! Freedom, we are so lucky!
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:53 pm

we are a Blessed country for sure!!

:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

Return to “The Hotel Madera”