#9 The Sister

Let's name somethings that make this particular episode special. It can be a tender moment, a quote, a scene, something that makes this stand out to you.
cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

#9 The Sister

Post by cowgirl »

This is a cute episode and yet a seriously good story.

It's cute how Mark see Rebecca as a mother for him and a wife for Lucas. Also how Lucas and Rebecca keep running into each other.

I love Mark's face when Lucas tells him: “She’s a shade young! She’d make you a better sister than a mother!”

It neat how back then, some neighbors stuck by each other no matter what, even when they had a disagreement.

Love the fight between the Snipe brothers and Lucas. It reminds me of the one with Lucas and Baranca. It's a lot of fun to watch and I bet they had fun filming both of them.
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

Judy
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Re: #9 The Sister

Post by Judy »

This episode is the one with Dan Blocker in it, isn't it?
“God has you in heaven, but I have you in my heart.” ~ TobyMac

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl »

Yes it is Judy.

This is a great & funny fight scene. This was long before Bonanza. If you check his info on IMDB, Blocker had a long list of westerns before he was Hoss Catywright.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0088779/

Judy
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Judy »

Yes, I knew that Dan had a played in other westerners before being cast as Hoss Cartwright inBonanza; I just didn’t realize he had so many! Thank you posting that IMDB link. I always liked Dan; he was such a great actor.

I don’t recall if I have ever posted the YouTube video of Michael Landon’s interview with Johnny Carson in 1989, where he talks about Dan and Lorne’s hair pieces. It is one of the most hilarious stories I have ever heard! I particularly like it when Michael refers to Lorne Greene as “Dad”. At the 2:08 mark, Michael says, “Well, Dan and I can’t wait to see Dad without it.” Here is the clip: http://tinyurl.com/st6twao

cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl »

Thanks Judy for sharing this video. It was really funny.

I too liked the part where Michael called him Lorene Greene Dad. I could just picture the two of them waiting for their 'Dad" to come up out of the water.

Howard
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Howard »

cowgirl wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:13 am
Yes it is Judy....This was long before Bonanza...
before he was Hoss Catywright.
Not really a "long time"...
Bonanza started in 1959 .

Dan
Q: What did the farmer say when he couldn't find his tractor?
A: Anyone seen my tractor?

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest »

that was a good clip. I knew Dan wore a hairpiece but I did not know Lorne did. gosh almost the whole clan wore hairpieces as Pernell did also. I was a big fan or Pernell back then and I was shocked to know he was almost bald
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

Judy
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Judy »

I'm glad you all enjoyed that clip of Micheal Landon and Johnny Carson. Following is some interesting information about the hair pieces of the original cast of Bonanza.

Lorne Greene didn't live down this hair mishap during a stunt on Bonanza: https://tinyurl.com/vdqy62f

Michael Landon was the only original cast member who never wore a hairpiece during filming. Pernell Roberts and Lorne Greene began the series with hairpieces. Greene wore his modest frontal piece in private life, too, whereas Roberts preferred not to wear his, even to rehearsals. Dan Blocker began wearing a toupée in 1968, as he began to lose his hair. Even Victor Sen Yung's Hop wore an attached ponytail. Landon dyed his hair throughout the run of the series, as he began to go gray when he was twenty.

Source: https://tinyurl.com/vzhj2u9

Return to “Let's do something different with this section.....”