#133 -The Debt

There is always a lesson to learn when you watch “The Rifleman.” There is no better teacher for Mark than his father, Lucas McCain. Lucas teaches Mark from “The Bible” and from experience. Sometimes the lessons are hard ones and at times rather easy ones. They are still lessons learned! Let’s discuss the lessons learned in each episode. “Every lesson you learn makes you a better partner.” “Just remember the lessons!”
cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Re: #133 -The Debt

Post by cowgirl » Sun May 07, 2017 8:40 am

wildwest:57470 wrote:Ok  just saw this one again today.

Poor immature Mark never got to the County Fair.  When Mark was tied up he got up and hopped toward the candle.  Why did't he hop to the door when the fire started??

Then Mr Renolds carried him out after untying him.  Mark could have run for the door at this time

No wonder Lucas was hesitant about giving Mark his own rifle.  the writers were keeping him so gullible and childlike

"Pa   he saved my life again"
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:51 am

I watched this episode this morning. It surprised me Lucas did not not make Mark stay away from renalds.

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:58 pm

Was renalds actually found guilty of murder? Cattle rustling was a hanging offense back then.

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:29 am

The things Lucas and Mark are going to talk about: renalds actually had two aces up his sleeve. First, of course, he saved Mark's life. The second card renalds holds is Micah losing the handcuff key. What does renalds have to lose by telling the prison warden and guards or a reporter cobering the hanging about micah's "grand prize for stupidity "? Do you think there was some "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" between the men? Does Lucas want to talk to Mark about discretion being the better part of valor and loose lips sinking ships? At the end of the episode, renalds does not appear to be handcuffed and Lucas smiles at Mark and ruffles his hair.

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:37 pm

Dropping Mark off: Abe merar said he had not seen Lucas for awhile. How did Lucas know Abe would know Abe was home and available to supervise Mark? Abe might have had other plans.

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:29 am

Deleted scene or Mark does some woodshed yelping after all!

Lucas: mark, why didn't you yell out or come get me when renalds took off?

Mark: gee, pa, you told me to be quiet and stay here. Duh!

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:02 pm

love it Dana!
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:57 pm

Thank you, wild west.

Lucas tells Mark in a year or two, Mark will probably see why hanging is necessary. I'm sure Mark's world perspective will have some stretching or challenging. Mark will accidentally shoot and kill a friend, play some stupid Halloween pranks and almost find himself accused of cattle rustling, become temporarily (psychologically) paralyzed, and learn the circumstances of his mother's death.

wildwest
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by wildwest » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:27 am

wow did North Fork have a therapist? they needed one for sure.
:cowgirl: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and He shall stand beside me later on."
(Lucas in Home Ranch) :gunfightercowboy:

Return to ““Just Remember the Lessons!” - 2015 to present”