Mark's Room

Mark McCain was as important to the show as the Rifleman himself. Let's talk about his sweet nature and sensitivity. Always learning from Lucas, sometimes the hard way, fear of losing his only parent, times he got into trouble, their respect for each other, and how he was portrayed as a motherless kid but had the insight and determination of a disciplined adult.
judymcl
Technical Ranch Hand
Technical Ranch Hand

Mark's Room

Post by judymcl » Wed May 10, 2017 1:13 am

Mark McCain was a fine contribution to The Rifleman and as important to the show as the rifleman himself. Let's give him the attention he deserves by talking about Johnny's character, his sweet nature and sensitivity. Always learning from Lucas sometimes the hard way, fear of losing his only parent, times he got into trouble, their respect for each other, and how he was portrayed as a motherless kid but had the insight and determination of a disciplined adult. Let's share our thoughts about Johnny Crawford the actor, musician, teen idol and downright fabulous guy.
:horse08: Judy M

Jules07
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Re: Mark's Room

Post by Jules07 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:08 am

After getting my Rifleman fix today I watched Wagon Train. Low and behold there was little Johnny Crawford playing a boy named Jimmy. Sadly his character was sick and died. My guess by the size of Johnny is that this was just before he starred in the Rifleman.

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:40 am

Oh Yesss - I saw that episode of "Wagon Train" too! :happycowboy:

I was gonna do some house work. But when I saw Johnny - I had to sit down and watch. Johnny was only in two scenes but I was excited to see him.
Soo darn cute! :)

That "Wagon Train" episode first aired on April 9, 1958. "The Rifleman" first aired on September 30, 1958.

~Deneen~

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:50 am

All I can say is - Johnny Crawford was born to be Mark McCain! :foxes_353:

~Deneen~

Return to “Mark's Room 2015 to present”