The Vision

Mark McCain was as important to the show as the Rifleman himself. Let's talk about his sweet nature and sensitivity. Always learning from Lucas, sometimes the hard way, fear of losing his only parent, times he got into trouble, their respect for each other, and how he was portrayed as a motherless kid but had the insight and determination of a disciplined adult.
Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Re: The Vision

Post by Deneen » Mon May 15, 2017 1:35 pm

Random rambler:57737 wrote:Re the books: books were the one luxury item he allowed himself and mark and would splurge on. Lucas was almost  as angry when he thought mark had desroyed a book as he was when mark let reynolds escape .
* Johnny Crawford *
You Are In My Prayers :angel5:

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Mon May 15, 2017 1:37 pm

Random rambler:57753 wrote:Most of us were amused by mark asking "do you think i'll live?" After he became sick to his stomach smoking the cigar in smokescreen.  However, a few weeks earlier, mark did two things he was not supposed to do and almost died from typhoid.
* Johnny Crawford *

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Fri May 26, 2017 1:32 am

I had my monthly viewing of the vision last night and noticed something else. Legend has it roswell, new mexico is the home of ufos and space aliens. The magical and mystical dr. Hennekin lives in roswell. Coincidence? I think not.

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Wed May 31, 2017 1:33 am

I watched the show again last night. When lucas was trying to figure out where to get ice, dr. Hennekin seemed confused about whether or not they were in canada.

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:22 pm

Come to think of it, Lucas did not tell mark he couldn't have the saddle at all-lucas just said Mark could not have the saddle right then.

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:41 pm

When the undersandably upset Lucas literally left Mark in the middle of nowhere, how devastating that could have been for Mark! Mark, who was on the edge of puberty, was confused and upset because his mother "left" him and his adored father, who was literally his whole world, just takes off.

Dana
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Dana » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:28 am

Imagine how Lucas must have panicked when he returned to the camp and found Mark gone!

Markisddg
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Markisddg » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:59 pm

Hi I’ve been away a long time I think I’m still Markisddg. Love talking about The Vision. I wonder how many more wagon train people got sick and died. That water must have tasted awful and Mark only took a little bit in as he spat it out. The acting was superb. Wildwest told me to come and post so let’s hope I did it right.

Deneen
Ranch Hand Alumni
Ranch Hand Alumni

Post by Deneen » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:10 pm

Welcome Back Markisddg!! :welcomeani:

It's nice to have you back posting again. Don't be a stranger. :happycowboy:

Mark Is Drop Dead Gorgeous - Right? :grinning-cowboy:

~Deneen~
* Johnny Crawford *

Return to “Mark's Room 2015 to present”