Hello Cowgirl and All

Everyone here at the ranch would like to welcome y'all to The McCain Ranch. This is our "Welcome Center". Be sure & stop by and say "Hi" to everyone. Those of you who are already a member, be sure and give them a big hearty welcoming!
cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: North Fork - New Mexico Territory c/o of The McCain Ranch

Re: Hello Cowgirl and All

Post by cowgirl »

Yes I do remember the towels & the coaster.

The guy that ran the motel where we stayed called me a few years back and wanted to know if we wanted to book the motel again.

I do remember that you and John went to see a show later. Some of us went to some amusement park afterwards.Yes that was fun!

You were then studying to be a nurse. Ten years ago, can you imaging?
"Keep your 'sites' on The Rifleman"
"The Rifleman hits the 'Mark' every week on abc."
A cowgirl's work is never done.
Kira
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Kira »

Hello Laurie ! Welcome back ! Greetings from Germany … :wave: I´m also a voice from the past. I try to come here more often, but unfortunately it doesn't work as well as I would like it to ... Life has often other plans ...
Laurie
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Laurie »

Hi K and everyone,

We have good news on Dimitri. After 12 tooth extractions, he seems to be doing fine. The vet said the mouth looked so good, he didn't feel the need for any biopsies. When we got home, the hungry cat ate canned food which he usually hates. All is well here. Thank you all for the good thoughts and prayers.

Laurie
cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl »

I'm glad to hear Dimitri is doing well. I'm glad he is eating.

You take good care of him, which I know you will.
Laurie
Ranch Alumni
Ranch Alumni

Post by Laurie »

Thanks to Cowgirl, I am back on the ranch. For more than a month, I couldn't get in. Cowgirl sent me a new password and that didn't work at first but after a dozen or so tries, I just popped back in here. So "hi" everybody.

Dimitri the cat is heading back to the vet this week. I suspect more teeth are going to need to be extracted. Thank goodness for the credit card. We pay it all off monthly, usually, but it's very convenient for little surprises....expected or not.

John, his Mom, and I are doing well. Masks everywhere and all the time. I grin whenever I tell someone that my 97 year old mother-in- law has only been as far as the foot doctor's parking lot. We don't dare take her anywhere. There is a Sonic drive thru in town so she does get to that parking lot for a small soft serve. :grinning-cowboy:

Have been doing needlepoint on plastic canvas. Do you remember the 70's fad of making needlepoint covers for Kleenex boxes? I've got a few of those tucked away so I can have a craft table at the Church Craft Fair. If I make back what the table cost, I'm happy. It's a nice day talking with people.

Being a nurse at a memory care unit at an assisted living facility makes me feel closer to Johnny and the battle he's going through. We can't forget his family because, sometimes, the family's battle is just as bad as their loved one's

Keeping you all in my prayers. Good health all around! Laurie
cowgirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cowgirl »

Hi Laurie,
Glad to see you back at the ranch! I'm also glad that everything is good with you & yours.

Sounds like you are keeping yourself busy! That's a good thing!

Tell John I said 'hi'!

Y'All Take Care, Y'Hear? :hunting:

Return to “The Hotel Madera”